Monty Program AB follows the hacking business model (HBM). This model describes the basis for how the company interacts with its employees and how it expects its employees to interact with the company.
The company's employee contract is VERY short. It mainly refers to the above model with some personal additions like salaries and work description.
The differences between Monty Program Ab's employee/Company contract and the HBM are as follows:
- We are aiming to have 10-30 employees in Monty Program Ab. This ensures we can all know each other and will be able to work efficiently under the chosen methods.
- The 5 % for support charities will be donated to help animals (Dolphins, tigers, etc).
Note: Some of the following values are part of the hacking business model, but we find them so important we duplicate them here.
- Committed to quality and honesty.
- Prefer partners that share our values and mindset.
- Openly document what we do and plan to do.
- We subscribe to the Open Source philosophy and support the Open Source community.
- We will publish all our developed software under an open source/free software license.
- Help employees do what they do best.
- Give employees a shared copyright in all code/documentation they write.
- Increase employee satisfaction (not shareholders' value). A large part (45 %) of the profit will be shared among all employees.
- We want to have fun, both professionally and socially (Company meetings, flexible travel & spouse polices, Scandinavian type vacations, etc).
- Have an open environment, where all decisions, policies and rules are available and open for debate.
- Employees should be part of the decision making processes and feel their voices are heard.
- Allow people to be different and ensure an equal opportunity environment. (Work on enhancing people's strengths instead of trying to change them).
- Create a culture where people feel appreciated.
- Create a trusted environment where the customers and employees trust the company and the company trusts the employees.
- Clear career paths for employees.
- Clear hiring and firing processes.
- Virtual company where differences in people is regarded to be richness. Encourage physical meetings to enhance our virtual work environment and make it boundless.
- We do not discriminate by any criteria.
- Have open development processes and roadmaps, encouraging the community to participate.
- When communicating with customers and users and other employees, prefer to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
- Be honest about our products and other products and companies.
- Aim to be good citizens according to the open source/free software spirit.
- Work against software patents.
- Work to create a better world for software/database users.
- Prefer to make things public (both inside and outside the company) instead of hiding things. We intend to share all internal policies, standard employee agreements, etc... with the world.